My year in Slovakia

My photo
now located in Hybe, Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia
YAGM is a program from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) that gives young adults the opportunity to be in global mission. There are about 45 active missionaries from YAGM spread out all over the world - sharing experiences that foster the development of leadership, present cross-culture skill building, and ultimately bring forth young adults that are "globally formed and globally informed". I am very excited to be joining this program for a one year experience in Slovakia. I anticipate being of service but also growing in my faith and personal identity.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Dovidenia, Mlady! Bola to Zabava!

Today is the last day of classes for students in Slovakia. I'm definitely excited for the summer break, but I have to be honest and say that I'm really going to miss my time in the classrooms here in Liptov. I honestly have loved our times together.

You students have really formed a unique and precious support network for me while I continue to adjust to life away from the states. My friends, thank you for always greeting me when we pass on the streets or ride on the same buses or meet around town - and especially for welcoming me SO warmly in your classroom. I will treasure our time together!

Blessings for a wonderful and safe summer holiday. Your friend,
Sarah


Lipt. Hradok Elektro "Lower" School Classes



Hybe Primary School Classes



Hybe Preschool English Class



Faculty at "Lower" Elektro School in Lipt. Hradok

No comments: